Thread: just lost it
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 09:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I will share this with all of you........

[QUOTE=zorrro13;740759]"Even the closest person to you will not understand what you are going though, I made the mistake of thinking they would, only to find myself more and more frustrated and sad & disappointed"

Invisible this is as stressfull as the P/N itself. My own mother passed, with me not understanding what she went through. Why she stopped cleaning the house, why she stopped showering everyday, why she stopped taking out the trash , why she started gambling everyday then begging me for money when she looked fine to me.
fast forward and the above is me 1 years after her passing. I trade the stockmarket , its gambling really but keeps me focused for 6 hours a day which helps a lot.
I dont know whats more stressful, having P/N or becoming 'invisible"( no pun)
to your friends and family because you simply cant explain convincingly what is wrong with you. I have lost good friends who can only take a no for so long..
Even today I looked at my legs just to make sure they wernt melting. But they look normal, sometimes i wish they had bones sticking out so i could say see? told you it hurts!

Brohar
"My mother parkinsons is quit odd also, it almost seems like she may have a form of PN with it. It would be interesting to know if there is a link".

Since you both are talking about PD. I was convinced that I had PD, internal tremor and all. I actually paid out of my pocket, a very expensive PET scan (had to go out of town for it), insurance wouldn't cover. It was the only test definitive for PD, but is not recognized by insurance company's (yet.) The test was normal (no PD.) I almost lost my mind during this time. My 20 year relationship with my sig/other and my 40 year relationship with my best friend took a nose dive and hasn't been the same since. We are trying to rebuild in both cases, but it is not easy.

I too am guilty of not understanding my own mother years ago when she was ill, I was her caretaker, but could have done better, in the emotional area, as I now look back and am experiencing my own illness and reaction from my loved ones. I guess these are what we call learning experiences.
Hard learning experiences at that.
invisable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote