Thread: just lost it
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default To be brutally honest? Having a diagnosis can mean NOTHING!

Yes, it often helps to have a 'name', a SPECIFIC name to YOUR problem? But there are HUNDREDS of neuropathies!
http://neuromuscular.wustl.edu/alfindex.htm Just LOOK AT THIS LIST?
I've gotten a 'diagnosis'? But each time I see my n-doc? I find a different 'name' in the diagnosis part of it. You see five different docs? You'll get five different 'diagnoses' or 'NAMES' for whatever you have, as have I.
As for treatments? Best thing is to get really and truly tested! Up, down and sideways for any and all possibilities!
Cures? Well, nerves can die miles a minute? But they regrow about 1/2" +/- each per month. So 'getting better' is a sort of relative term.
Truly? Rite now? Finding a good doc to give you a thorough examination and testing then twiggling with various medications is the best one can do. Many meds can either help, or turn you into a zombie or BOTH. But up in the 'stickies' are references to a slew of meds that help one person or another.
Finding the rite doc for YOU, one you feel LISTENS is key to getting somewhere, and -to be honest? It won't be quick. I will be hoping that you get lucky w/a doc or three? [As I had] and get the treatment[s] you need!
Keep your hope, and know you are likely stronger than you ever THOUGHT you could be! Hugs etc. 's!!!!!!!!! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote