Thread: just lost it
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi All.

I just had to share my experience in understanding PN. My husband has had it or over 20 years. About 8 or 9 years ago they gave him the Fentanyl patch and it worked wonders. He could still work. But he had to go higher and higher and finally he couldn't go any higher and he had to titrate down. They still call it idiopathic but now his doctors think it's related to back problems. They finally see something in his latest MRI's but we have to wait until all this horrid weather is over to finally go to see yet another back doctor.

But this is not why I am writing. I was with him through all his painful episodes but I never understood his pain. He would describe it to me, burning, tingling, zipping zapping, I never understood it.

UNTIL I GOT DIABETIC NEUROPATHY.

I only had the beginning of it, and I had no symptoms whatsoever until my podiatrist used some vibrating tool on my feet when he was doing my toe nails. Well, I nearly killed the man. I started yelling "stop stop, are you nuts, you are killing me". And he goes: "oh you have feeling, good good"

I said "Good Good??? are you out of your mind"?

My feet kept buzzing until I got home. I looked at my husband and I quietly said "Oh my god, this is what you deal with every day for 20 years??"

He said "now you know"

In my case, I was extremely lucky. By coming on this forum, I learned about Methyl B-12 and I immediately went on 1000 once a day and in one week I knew I needed to be on the 5000.

I have never gone off of it. I might miss a day or two but that's it.

Nipped my neuropathy pain in the butt.

Thank god I knew about methyl B-12.

Best thing I ever took.

No one will ever know what you are dealing with until they walk in your shoes.

I really believe this.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (02-03-2011)