Thread: Post new neuro
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 11:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

A little more on the doctor appointment. Maybe if I write a little about it I will feel better tomorrow.

He ended up prescibing me verapamil to counter the intestinal side effects from mestinon. I looked it up and dont think he got what I was saying about grastrointestinal effects. When I saw it is sometimes used for migraines I wondered if he was still trying to sneak in a migrain med.

He also prescribed me pilocarpine drops and said to made a mouth wash of it to get my saliva back. The last pill was the prescription vit D of 50,000 iu. He wrote and order for IV fluids to be done weekly for 3 months with a blood tests to be done before each one. I am supposed to take 50,000 iu pill right after this. But four of those a month sounds like alot. Maybe I need to see if this is what he intended. Oh wait the presciption my daughter is getting filled would say.

There is a pretty big list of blood tests. One I looked up today and noticed one of the things it can reveal I was diagnosed with at Mayo. Polyclonal gammopathy. The only reason I know this is because I got the records. The neuro who admitted me for MG did this test and it was negative in July of 08. I tried to ask my internist about the relevance but was pooh poohed.

Intensely tired today so eyes are giving out. I will list the blood stuff later. I requested a copy sent to me of the blood results as I dont see him for 3 weeks again. He wanted 2 but I cant do all this stuff in 2 weeks. And next week I have to protect and so little so I get to my granddaughters birthday party.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFlower View Post
I hope the bloodwork comes back with some results that are helpful to you.

I understand getting burnt out with doctors, I've felt like that many times.

Thinking of you.
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote