View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I'm sure Mrs. D will reply--

--with her take on this, as might others, but I'll give mine, which is that while this medication will likely not hurt anybody, it's only worth it if one has good insurance that covers its cost almost in full, as all of the ingredients of metanx are basically available over the counter. (The methylfolate is tough to get, but one can use mehtylators to process other sources of folate, and the amount in a Metanx dose--3mg--might be pushing thins a bit, even for diabetics. Then, too, methylcobalamin B12 should be taken by itself, on an empty stomach, for maximum absorption--methylcobalamin is the largest molecule the body normally processes, and it's real easy to interfere with its absorption--which this pill obviously doesn't allow.)

My advice would be to go to iherb.com, swansonvitamins.com, vitacost.com, etc., and check out the sales on these individual vitamin components regularly, and purchase supplies that way (and take the methylcobalamin by itself when you first get up in the morning, at least an hour before you throw anything else after it).
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jannaw (03-03-2011)