View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 01:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Upper Cervical Chiropractic

I UK Girl. I have tried some chiro/manipulative physiotherapy in the UK.

The chiro that I tried sounds similar to what Jo*mar tried with balancing the lengths of your legs. I do think that my pelvis was down on one side, due the rear-end shunt that I had, so I think that there was something in the treatment.

I was also referred to a "Manipulative Physiotherapy". That was with the NHS. I thought that she was really good. She worked exclusively with the upper cervical vertebrae, identifying problems of stiffness and lack of symmetry by touch ie she didn't use any equipment, scans or X-rays.

I think that both treatments were worth trying and perhaps did benefit me, especially the upper cervical treatment. However, neither was a "cure" for my main symptoms of headache.

However, I think that in a trauma it is likely that more than one thing is damaged and you could suffer damage to the spine as well as the brain. There is a tendency to just worry about the brain and overlook the spine, but I think: Why not treat whatever is damaged if possible? And perhaps any spinal problems will be easier to treat than brain damage, so I think that it is definitely worth trying.

CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKgirl View Post
I have been reading a lot about the above. I know this is more common in the States, there is only one practitioner in the UK, in London. From my research, this treatment has had good results for whiplash/brain injury symptoms. I of course know there is no miracle cure for this, but was interested to know if anyone has tried this?

I am not keen on the idea of 'crunch click' chiropactry but my understanding is that this involves taking x rays of the neck/head and very gentle manipulating the 'atlas' back into place.

I appreciate that people are likely to have personal views on this, but specifically wanted to know if anyone had tried this, and specifically been to Heidi Grant in Harley Street in London.

Thanks,
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote