View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 12:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
I can't tell you for sure if you will win right away, did you write the complaint yourself? Having MS is a very serious illness. If you have the doctors reports and are taking all the medications then hopefully you will get approved. The rule usually is if you can' walk, stand, sit, or think for more than a minimal amount of time, then you deserve benefits. Not using your walker all the time should not become a factor in determining your case. Please read below for further information..
If you filed back in August then you should hear from the agency soon. Please let us know what happens we all care and want to give you all the support we can.

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10029.html#part1
thanks, sorry for not replying sooner, but it has been too much physically and mentally for me to type much. i am still awaiting a decision. i applied online myself.at the time, i could not walk without my walker, presently i don't use any mobility aid, but still can't walk long distances and stumble around a lot. i should use my cane, but i would need it on my right side, and my right hand has nerve damage either from the MS or a fall i had last year. i will update when i receive a decision either way. on another note, i was approved for an ADA card by Arizona's transportation agency, basically for free dial a ride service. but they seem to think i can ride a bus so only if the bus is unavailable. this angered me, as i cant walk the 1/4 mile to the bus stop, and i highly doubt i could climb the steps into the bus even so. and i was at my dr's office when he filled out the form he sent them so i know he told them that...