View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 01:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My understanding is that only about 25% are approved on Initial filing, of which some are approved at a ALJ Hearing later, because their doctors have not taken the time to fill out a RFC form in detail, thereby not giving the case worker any reason to approve benefits on.

To those applying, if your doctor does not FULLY support your claim for benefits there are a few options:

1- he is right and despite your ailments you are not functionally disabled

2- he is incorrect

3- he has long ago tired of paperwork and wishes to practice medicine and is not going to be your advocate to the degree necessary. In that case, you need another physician. But many feel the same way as more paperwork has entered their practice. One neurologist I saw had with the mailed paperwork, and on a red sheet of paper in bold letters, that his office does not see patients with any workman's comp issues, disability issues, or legal issues. That is what insurers have done to the doctors out there, and by design.

Let me state this one final time. Unless you are truly disabled, working is much better for your well-being. It is a curse to be disabled. You WILL lead a different life and with less money. If you can at all delay going on disability, I would urge it in the strongest of terms.

Last edited by Chemar; 02-04-2011 at 07:18 AM. Reason: NeuroTalk Guidelines/copyright
MikeNC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote