View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 02:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, Tracy, for posting the link to this on the MSN Groups TOS message board.

I'm Donna, in Colorado...
Had an MVA 5/02 with a drunk driver; had a lot of shoulder injuries including a SLAP lesion and torn middle glenohumeral ligament; arthroscopic repair to these and other problems in joint in 9/03. Still continued having problems with clavicular instability, numbness in left hand/shoulder and face, pain in shoulder, shoulder blade, neck, head, arm, clavicle. Also had a whiplash with bulging discs at C5-7.

Like everyone, had numerous MRIs, lots of doc visits, almost all of whom have diagnosed TOS, with some differences as to recommended treatments. Since I live near Denver, I was able to see Dr. Sanders for a consult and have Dr. Centeno for a PM doc, and an excellent neurosurgeon at Pres/St. Luke's.

I am now 6 weeks post op from an anterior cervical discectomy with fusion at C5-7, which my neurosurgeon was hoping would help with some of the numbness and pain in my arm/neck/head. So far, neck spasms are better, headaches gone, but left arm hasn't improved. I just got the collar off a couple of days ago, and that seems to have flared up the shoulder some, as well as some swallowing problems (I've lost about 20 pounds, though...one benefit!)

I'm very thankful to have good doctors and a supportive family. My husband has been so patient and kind... I also have a very good attorney who is helping with all insurance issues (we just maxed out the auto insurance and have to switch to our private insurance) and working on a settlement.

It's nice to "see" you all again! Anybody know how Sea Pines (Alison) is doing?

Donna