View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 11:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hello from Arizona

Hi Steve,

Well it was a nice week in the desert southwest – but then winter is our best season.

Dr. Dave Heydrick came to Phoenix to talk at 2 PD forums sponsored by the Muhammad Ali Center. He is a great speaker – I always enjoy hearing about his Parkinson’s Pyramid. My husband & I took him out for Mexican food after one of the forums. A good time was had by all.

I’m going to try to change my eating habits to try to follow Dave’s recommendation: more veggies, more curry, less meat, more berries, fewer milk products. We’ll see! I have terrible eating habits – but I KNOW a change would help me deal with PD. Now for some will power on my part to truly make a change.

Our new kitty “Mr Kitty” is fitting right in. The last 2 nights he has NOT howled all night – a vast improvement from the first few nights with him. I think he has finally figured out that he is the only cat in the house. Anyway he is very nice & affectionate. I told my husband we would NOT name him “Snot” (he has round brown colored fur splotches under his nostrils…). So he remains “Mr Kitty”

The MJFOX Foundation is having a roundtable in Phoenix at the end of March. So I sent in my RSVP that I’ll be attending. Something to look forward to!

I talked to my MDS, and she agreed to prescribe the calcium channel blocker Dr. Surmeier mentioned at the PAN forum. I’ll let you know how I do on it. (stay tuned – haven’t received the script yet). ALSO everyone can view the PAN forum – the webcast is available on the PAN website.

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote