View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 12:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
[I]Since being diagnosed with MG, I have found that taking one Nystatin tablet a day seems to help tremendously. (Nystatin kills candida in the gut -- systemic candida.)
Jana,

Exciting! How lucky you were to know this man. I've never been to an allergist that was helpful. I went through testing three times, two times by an allergist. The allergists basically threw up their hands and told me that I was allergic to so many things that I was going to just have to eat what bothered me the least, that I was allergic to too many things for them to be helpful. I was tested once by my favorite doctor for allergies after I tested positive for candida in my blood. She isn't an allergist, but she was learning about natural medicine to combine with her medical practice. She was the one who recommended this book by Crooke and thought my allergies might be helped by the suggestions in this book.

I am happy to know that controlling candida helps your MG symptoms. From all I'm learning, it seems that if someone gets MG or another autoimmune system disorder, it is worth looking into the possibility of having systematic candida or another infection that may have caused the immune system to overwork itself. I'm surprised that doctors don't have a list of infections to test for after they confirm a MG diagnosis, I suspect it would be helpful.

Thank you for your the response, the excitement I sense in your typing has made me smile.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote