View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Dear Patty

I am so sorry to understand so much was lost through fire, and yet a great blessing endured..... in the lives of you and your family. I went back and re-read your whole thread, and had failed to realize you have twins. This is a twin packed thread! Rae, you, and Cleo and I have twins [we had them twice], and one thing I definitely know is rebuilding is a test and a task hard from which to rebound, and you all are engaged in it as a family, if as ours, pulling together, binding more closely, and if faith is part of the equation KNOWING God is helping along the way. We have been astounded at the relief and release of our community of faith pulling alongside us and it has been wondrous.

Now to your hair...... well, since I am a guy, I might just suggest you pretend to be on a week long camping trip, put it in a scrunchy or pony and tough it out so there is no risk of bending and moving a lead..... but, then that does not sound too compassionate. Maybe your husband will help you over the kitchen sink so you can carefully lower your head over with Fiona's left over plastic bags surrounding you and let him minister to you in love by washing your hair carefully as you manage to remain still and protective of your wiring harness. I have been there, and done that after my wife had surgery. It gives the guy a feeling of love and helpfulness that just tightens the natural bond.

On the removal of the leads at end of Trial, for me it was a tugging sensation after hearing the snip of the sutures that held them in place and they were gone. The pain was immediately roaring as it always had pre-trial and I was actually glad for the morphine I was prescribed [though thrilled now to have fully withdrawn from all pain management meds due to my stim].

Regarding how it feels..... well, I have used TENS, and its prickly pear stinging sensation..... the a topically applied Neuro Stimulator, which was much beefy-er than a TENS [the tech said it was a TENS on steroids] and it did help provide a deeper more stimulating and controlling wave relief. But there was NOTHING to compare to the wondrous blessing of having the SCS stim in place whether during Trial or Permanent. As for me, I feel kind of a shivering feeling from within, not tingling, and since I am a lumbar patient, it emanates from my low spine all of the way into my legs [even some in my lower legs, which due to permanent nerve injury feel nothing otherwise]. I PRAISE GOD THAT THIS TECHNOLOGY WAS INSPIRED IN HUMANKIND because it has SO helped me and is allowing my quest to re-enter the full time practice of law. Gratitude, I just feel a LOT of gratitued for all of the medical heroes who helped me along the way [goes for you too Pooh].

You may want to ask for something to assist with pain management between Trial and Permanent if it is going to be a go for you, maybe the doc will have an idea on some med which will help you maintain alertness and yet dull the pain.

I am pulling for you, my friend, and prayer is a part of my gig, so you are in there, too,:smileypra y:
Mark56z
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (02-04-2011), Rrae (02-05-2011), stressedout (02-04-2011)