Thread: SS Review
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 07:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default SS Review

I've been on SS disability for about 7 years now for mental health reasons. I've received a review packet to see if I'm still disabled. My wife filled out the packet and returned it, along with all the doctor's info that they requested.

I have now received a packet from a vocational rehab review, which has a lot of the same questions as the first review packet- like, what do you do in a day. Is this a standard thing? And do they normally get denied the first go around, as with the first acceptance?

I don't know the official reason that I was first accepted, but have since been diagnosed, and recently hospitalized with paranoid schizophrenia. The biggest worry I have is that I literally didn't leave the house (or see a doctor) for 6 years. A back injury finally got me to leave the house, and those doctors set me up with a psychiatrist for help. I'm just paranoid that I'll be denied if some magical keywords were left out of the review packet, or this new vocab rehab questionnaire.

As a paranoid schizophrenic, this is quickly causing me to regress. Are these reviews usually simple and easy, or should we be planning to get denied and have to appeal?
SC_Help is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote