View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 09:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedout View Post
I don't really have any pain meds. I take Lyrica (300 mg a day) Cymbalta (60mg) and Mobic. They seem to keep the pain manageable but yes, I do have times where I just want to curl up in a ball in a dark closet. I don't like the idea of heavy pain pills though because I have to be there for the kids, hubby (& my dogs). The meds I take are bad enough. I've always had a high pain tolerance but I think what gets me is the constant. I know my family doesn't quite understand how bad the pain is, they think my arm just hurts. Well, yes it hurts, it burns, it feels like the skin and muscles are being ripped off, giving birth was easier than this.

Enough venting, this has been a wonderful group. I've really been able to get through all the issues RSD has dealt me by turning to these boards. My stress levels have been high the past months and I guess that's what is making my pain so bad. Last May, I lost my home, 6 dogs (show dogs ) and everything but the shirts on our backs to a fire. It has been a VERY hard road but people have been amazing. I am so grateful for that! I have 2 pups now (7 mo & 11 mo) that are related to the ones I lost, and a 3rd pup (also 7 mo.) that is my husbands dog but really a "momma's boy"! They have been VERY easy pups and awesome "therapy" dogs to us.

I really hope this scs works. I want to get back to training my dogs, showing them & running in agility trials again. They keep me sane!

Another question I have is since I won't be able to shower and wash my hair, is there any kind of dry shampoo that you guys used or how did you get through that?
Patty
Patty, I am on my3 rd unit and this is the best fix I have found for my hair. I sit on a stool IN the tub and "hunny" wraps a shower curtian around me. He then uses the hand leld shower to wash my hair. Now him combing brushing it was the trick
z
pooh_ac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (02-05-2011), Mark56 (02-05-2011), Rrae (02-05-2011), stressedout (02-05-2011)