View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 11:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help with applying of SS Dissability

If one is denied at Initial filing and must go to an Administrative Law Judge for a hearing, the odds are good that he will ask a Vocational Rehab person to look over your case and ask questions.

After a ALJ Hearing the judge writes his "DECISION" and in legal form
, and he goes down a checklist of items. All are required, as per the SSA Code, to be addressed when making his DECISION and about 1 in 60 are usually pulled for his own review, so it is in his own interest to write them thoroughly. My own DECISION used the word "CREDIBLE" with regards to issues and "GENERALLY CREDIBLE", which must have been in areas which he was not sure as I have a NORD ailment. Fewer than 250,000 people in America are subject to my ailment.

This thread, I'm told, is prominently displayed to help people with the SDDI process.
The best way to lose your case is to have the ALJ have an inkling that you are fraudulent in your symptoms, and especially ones missing from your medical documentation. The reason why, IMO, I have been told to seek legal representation from the start is because they are sworn to a code of ethics. If one thinks they can get something past an ALJ who hears 600+ cases a year you are mistaken. At the hearing he has every right to delay your hearing to request more information to check into something you concocted just to try to add to your claim. DON'T DO IT!

If you wish to be treated with respect and have your case decided on its merits, do not insult the ALJ by presuming he will not find something you added as an extra touch. Again, this is why lawyers and NOSSCR individuals know the nuances of each judge and it pays to use them where they receive compensation ONLY is you are awarded benefits.

After the paperwork is filed properly this is a legal matter. I would urge any claimant to not fabricate anything for as that old saying goes, "A Liar Must Have a Good Memory". Only in this case, he must also have documentation to back up his lie.

1- Fill out the forms properly
2- Have your doctors state your malady and the limitations it places on you and not that he feels you are disabled or unemployable as it has no standing before the Commission
3- Be truthful in your replies.

NOTE: If you are waiting for a hearing and more medical testing is performed or your condition worsens, you can add to your file at any time.

If you truly cannot work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and 12 months a year, you should prevail in your claim.

If anyone is suggesting you make something up or act something out, my suggestion is to immediately terminate that representation. You have the right to do that and if asked why you can state as such.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and if it adds to what has already been posted we can put it up in the thread. At this point, I do not wish to make this thread so long that advice is more difficult to locate.

There are also many blogs that offer good advice. When you see the same advice repeated through different blogs it is usually because it is very correct as to how to file your claim.

Mike
MikeNC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote