View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 03:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeni View Post
Hi, Just wanted to chime in, Im here in NYC, just had level2 ACDF on the 28th of Jan.
It was supposed to be level one, surgeon and neurosurgeon changed mind in the OR. I had severe right arm/hand pain, burning for a long time. Was losing use of the hand and arm most recently. I will say this; the surgery has completely cured that. My hand and arm are perfect!
Be prepared for pain though! Today is one week, and the pain is still there in the neck area. But most bothersome is my throat. It was fine in the hospital, so was my voice. This got worse three days ago. I can barely swallow water and I feel like food is coming up and stuck there.
Still on pain meds, I will be going to see the Doc today because I cannot sleep nor eat at all with this throat. At least the main objective was successful
Hi there, thank you so much for writing. It sounds like your symptoms and surgery resemble my own. My hand and arm and traps are a big part of my pain, the pinched nerves are relentless. I have been told a lot to expect the sore throat, it sounds like you really are having a hard time with that if even water is difficult to swallow. It's nice to here that your hand and arm are better though. I don't even remember what its like to be out of pain anymore.

Are you able to even use lozenges for relief? Perhaps you have a throat infection or something since you got worse post op? Please let me know how your doctor's appt. goes and what he says or prescribes for you.

I hope you are feeling better soon... I have 3 more weeks to go, but I have been asked to be put on a waiting list so if I can get in sooner I will jump at the chance, just want to start healing soon.

Take care! and get well soon!
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote