View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 07:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused so confused and frustrated

hi. i've been checking in here the past few months looking for answers, trying to understand what is going on with me. right now i am scared, nervous and just plain tired of feeling lousy. let me start at the begining and see if anyone can help me understand. last june i started to drop things with my left hand, a small area above my wrist appeared at same time with mild pain. dr didnt know what it was and sent me to ortho dr. when mri of wrist and emg was "ok". ortho dr. didnt know what was wrong with wrist either. he did xrays of neck (arm from elbow to fingers ached with tingling). dx: degenerative changes in cervical spine. "can't do anything more for you- go see a neurosurgeon . 1st neurosurgeon told me my problem wasn't in his realm of practice . now both arms ache bad, can barely work and all tests come back "ok" or normal. new neurosurgeon in nov. did emg on left arm. omg - severely pinched at elbow. surgery to move nerve dec 3. had heavy legs (dead legs) for couple weeks last fall but it went away, well its back along with my foot feeling like ice. periodically it feels like hot water is poured down my calf but skin is fine. wake up with headaches last forever as well as both arms heavy and numb. this new symptom is the most annoying. my face feels kinda numb after novacain wears off on my cheeks towards ears. i am just so frustrated hurting all time and being ignored or dismissed by dr.s. i sa the neurosurgeon for less than 2 minutes, this time brought my list with me. getting mri of brain and cervical spine this tuesday. sorry so long but i'm desperate to understand and be understood. thanks for listening at least.
snookie12303 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote