View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabb View Post
lololol.... the remote emits a 'beam' of light, that is what i am talking about....
I am wondering if it was ricocheting off of some other surface and hitting the spot on the front of the VCR...and since you blocked a LARGER area, it can no longer do that????? whatever works!
Oh heck, I know the remote emits a beam of light, but is there a way to see if this beam is bouncing off of anything? I really don't think I can ever find this out.

but today I did something cool. Since I watch tv on the LEFT thing, I was laying on the bed and because my bed is somewhat higher than my tv, vcr, etc, I found that when I aimed the vcr remote at the vcr to fast forward, well, I had to sit up to get this done.

I immediately had an AHA moment and said "Oh, I have to raise the vcr and tv up HIGHER.

So what was I to do? I had to find something big, flat and sturdy to place the vcr and tv on. My tv sits on my vcr and the cable box sits on the tv.

Been this way for 20 years. No problems.

So today I went up in my closet, found an old flatbed scanner that I no longer use, IT IS THICK. I said PERFECT.

I carefully moved the cable box, tv and vcr around, put the flatbed scanner on top of the tv stand, then I placed everything ON TOP of the flatbed scanner.

VOILA!!!! Higher tv and vcr up in the air and now I can lay there, aim my remote and no problems.

They should have named a tv show after me.

Melody Maguyver!!!!!

lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote