Thread: thymectomy
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Geez, Brandon, give yourself a few minutes to heal!

I'll bet they were trying to get every single little bit of your thymus. Have you spoken to the surgeon yet? They usually come in to check on their patients after they carve them open.

I haven't had a thymectomy, are the lung drainage tubes standard? I'd ask them about that for sure.

I'm sort of having fun trying to figure out where they put the three IV's.

I hope you feel better very soon. Whenever I've had surgery, the first week is the worst as far as pain. Take it easy with any morphine!

Annie
yea the surgeon said my thymus was situated a lil bit weird and like many myasthenics it was hyper-plastic so thats why it took so long but i have the drip and pump iv on the right hand i have the iv for hydrocortizone or any kind of flushes they want to do with a syringe on my left hanf and they had an A line IV on my right wrist to monitor my blood pressure heart rate and oxygen levels wirelessly with the monitor (thts pretty cool i thought). the lung drainage tube were expected so thats all kosher. my pain button isny morphine actually its hydromorphone (Dilaudid) because when i passed kidney stones a couple years back they gave me two huge vials of morphine sulfate and it did absolutely nothing at all for the pain so morphine is out of the equation for me but thanks for the questions and the support guys
brandonc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote