View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 10:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Blush AGGHHH!!!! What's wrong with my tongue?

I can't talk normally! Suddenly I am talking like I have a speech impediment, and my tongue seems to just want to lay flat and not curl at all. This is freaking me out and I don't freak out easily!

My words are coming out funny. I just had overdone it. I am bedridden and so weak I can't do much of anything. I took a shower and did some stuff for about an hour which is unheard of. I was shaking all over and my neck felt like it couldnt' hold my head up a second longer. Then I asked my husband for clean pillowcases to lay down and the words wouldn't come out right!

I am on Mestinon now, 60 mg every four hours. It is helping very minimally. I am still not able to do much of anything but there is a little improvement where I can walk and actually can take a shower unassisted now, but I'm still totally exhausted afterward. I can take my own shower though, but I have to use a shower seat. My balance is well enough to not hurt myself. I can walk up and down stairs without being terrified I am going to fall, and have a little more strength, was able to open a water bottle.

So what's with my speech????
Tracy9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote