View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 11:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, I'm just laying in bed with oxygen on. My brother who has COPD gave me all his oxygen because he never uses it and it really helps me, so I lay with it on for a while each aft/evening if I feel not so good.

When the Mestinon wears off, my legs turn to Jello, I feel weak all over and tired. But mainly I can't walk well anymore and my arms start to ache. Any level of functioning is far more difficult. I go from being able to walk for a bit unassisted to back in bed because it's too hard. Now even with the Mestinon I'm not up for long, but how great it is to be able to get up for an hour or so!

No crying, maybe talking to hubby a little more than usual. I do notice if I eat or drink anything cold my tongue is out of commission for at least a half hour.

Recent bloodwork showed I went from very hypothyroid to VERY hyperthyoid and I have no idea why. I just got it in the mail yesterday from my PCP. He had a note asking if I am taking my meds right which I am.

Choking more on fluids, but that's been the case for a while. I get IV Solumedrol every two weeks for two days before IVIG but that's the only steroids I can get. It's contraindicated with Lyme and I can get very very sick if I take steroids. I shouldnt' even be getting them pre med for IVIG but without them I get too many side effects.

I just started Rifampin four days ago. It is for Lyme and Bartonella. I was on it previously for five months.

I have a walker and wheelchair. I can bring the walker upstairs to use to go to the bathroom but otherwise, I'm always just in bed because I can't do anything. My hands don't work and my balance is so bad all I do is make a mess or hurt myself.
Tracy9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote