View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 11:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Does it sound like you are drunk and slurring your speech? When i was first diagnosed thats where mine began voice, smile was gone, eyes wouldnt completly close, swallowing pretty much gone (liquids coming out of my nose at times instead of going down my throat), choking on my food,and weak neck. Then the limbs were affected arms, legs, I fell a few times, balance was bad as well. I ended up in the hospital too pretty quick my breathing became the next thing and has been the main issue these last 17 years since my diagnosis. I and remember being so frusturated when I would say something and no one could understand me all I got in response was,"huh", or "say it again" and feeling so tired it just would take to much energy to try and repeat myself so I began to just write things down instead which was so much easier. It can be scary especially when you dont know what is going on with your body and going the emotional part of it all as well. I was there too.
You are just on mestinon? have they mentioned Prednisone yet? thats what got me through some major flare ups, it has some side affects that arent all that great and its hard to get off this med but its helped me as well as IVIG treatments. Hope i was able to help
-Tracey
MzTracey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote