Thread: Wearing Shoes
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Hi Jim,

Most of us started with some numbness & tingling, burning sensations, and hypersensitivity, but everyone is different. The back of the leg thing sounds like it could be a pressure-related impingement thing. I don't know much about ergonomic chairs, but something to think about. Have you tried sleeping with your legs/feet elevated? Worth a shot.

I wear street shoes when I go out, but whenever I can, I'm wearing some cheapie fleece/foam slippers I got at "Alphabet Mart" - surprisingly comfortable for PN.

Exercise is fine, and we should all get it if we can - standard overdoing admonishments apply....

Neurontin can make you tired, but if that's the worst side effect, you're doing pretty good. That may dissipate in time. You also may develop some tolerance and/or need to increase dosage - someting to discuss with your doctor if necessary.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote