View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 09:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post My own journal with fibro

I was a healthy 44 year old man until a car accident left me with chronic pain, herniated discs, radiculopathy etc. Surgery helped the leg pain, but since then I developed a whole host of problems which I have reluctantly had to accept as fibromyalgia. Reluctant, because I am a doc who treats psych patients and when they say they have fibro and are wanting 5 Roxycontins a day I am immediately forced to question their motives. However, this damn condition is real and it causes me daily pain, occ numbness and weakness, insomnia, IBS, chemical sensitivities I never had, and overall decreased quality of life. It sucks.
I have not found a good doctor in my region so I end up being my own doc and telling my doc what to try....Lyrica helps me, Tramadol helps somewhat w pain, IBS, and anxiety, and various sleeping pills help at times. The fatigue is bizarre, sometimes really bad and I have tried Provigil, Nuvigil, Adderall and Vyvanse, all of which can help but all have side effects. Massage helps alot, but only for 24 hrs...cant get one every day! I have 16 out of the 18 trigger/tender points, so I'm not so sure thats not useful...those trigger points are on meridian lines and I am trying accupuncture now...we'll see. Doc Byrd
Minah Bryd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote