View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 11:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Tracy, I had a hot shower that was much hotter than usual because I just was weak and leaning over in the shower to turn knobs was risky......I will never forget that day as that hot water was the biggest factor in being admitted that day for MG crisis. I went limp in the shower and my chest, breathing changed dramatically. That was July 3rd. around midnight at the hosp I was all hooked up to machines and they gave me my first dose of 60mg mestinon. I finally fell asleep cause I could breath!!

I was released because the intial tests came back negative tho tensilon wasnt done cause the hosp pharm was out of it. Another big darn piece of bad luck. If only that had been done and I'd reacted in front of all those neuros like I did with the neostigmine. On July 7 my breathing got worse so the neuro put me up to 75mg 3 times a day. That sure made me walk alot better but it cause my diaphgram to go into these twitiching marathons when ever I would cough or lay down. And after a few doses I couldnt talk. I was at Walgreens checking out and my words went into mush. It took me well into the second year on the mestinon to figure out all the ways it acts on my body in differnt situations.

I am still learning and without support groups I would know only based on trial and error as I have been told nothing by any neuro I have ever seen.

Annie59
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote