View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 11:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeinhou View Post
Wow. I understand your frustration. I personally don't know if my feet are burning up or freezing. The pain is bad and the sensation really interferes with life.

I don't know why I have this neuropathy. I did a healthy amount of drinking and I smoked for 40 years, so I got those potentials. I was dx'ed with MS 22 years ago and PN is a known result of that. I'll say one thing - this is one sucky thing to have to live with. You really need to want to live to live with this crap. It took me a few months to adapt. I wasn't suicidal - I just wanted to kill everyone around me without this problem - people just don't understand. I would suggest you just develop a serious attitude and ignore the stupid pain and climb mountains. It seems to be working for me. You're allowed to use all sorts of expletives while doing this...

Now - to address the question at hand. Cymbalta - worked for a couple of days. Stopped taking it because I really would like my wife to stay with me (complete loss of the obvious). Lyrica - doesn't work. Gabagabagaba whatever doesn't work. There's been a few other drugs but I forget their names.

This is something you can live a normal life with. Check out the NASA channel during the next shuttle mission (launches 4/5/10). You'll see me at the back left console (GC) occasionally. Nobody knows what I'm living with...

Tom
Tom will touch a few raw nerves with this post, probably not politically correct , but I think every one can relate to some part (s) of this witty little dig at P.N
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote