View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Crazy Severe Lower Back Pain... Input?

Hello Friends

Have any of you who suffer lumbar pain been told that you have 'MUSCLE SPASMS' !
I spend most of my time on the SCS/Pain Pump forum because I had a lumbar implant done a year ago. It does a wonderful job of covering over the horrible burning neuropathic bilateral leg pain. BUT, I've been having these very painful flares in my lower back.....so much so, that I've been thinking I may be heading toward disability because I am unable to even sit at my DESK JOB
I asked for a lumbar Xray and that is when it was determined that one of my lead wires from my SCS had migrated down about 6 inches. I had this lead removed 10 days ago. I was hoping that it was the migrated lead that was the culprit in causing this terrible back pain. But there has been no improvement, despite having that lead removed.

The Xray also DID reveal that I have 'multi-dimensional' degeneration of the spine in the lumbar region. My Dr said most people suffer with this as we age and didn't seem to think much of it.
I also have a mild scoliosis (wasn't measured) and Dr said I've probably had this since I was a teen.

Can anyone share any thoughts pertaining to this 'Muscle Spasm' theory?
Sometimes it's just a constant dull ache and I wear a Lumbar Belt, which helps some....but sometimes I get these 'episodes' where it literally feels like someone is taking a chainsaw to my lower back! Does this sound like muscle spasm issues to you?

I was prescribed Zanaflex muscle relaxer and it seems to help some, but it's very shortlived relief.

Do you think I should request a CAT scan? I can't get an MRI since I have an SCS, but I just really need to know what is going on.

Does 'Spinal Decompression' help with lower back pain?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be SO appreciated!

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-13-2011)