View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I just ordered and received it from Amazon. I was very curious about it.

Haven't read much yet. It is huge tho and filled with medical stuff. 500+pgs and very heavy to hold.

I am doing the cold packs on the neck and upper chest once a day, and they are not really that bad. With a thin cloth to protect the skin, they don't make me cold at all! (I do cold packs sometimes anyway for my spine, and PN).

What I have noticed right away is that I am warmer at night.
Our temps this winter have been in the single digits, and I tend to be cold because of my thyroid issues, but the cold packs seem to be resulting in more metabolism and creation of heat!

The grapefruit thing is not in the book that I can find. It is not in the index in the back. But it was intriguing on the show. And Dr. Oz went to the trouble of making a digital graphic to illustrate it. There has always been a "grapefruit diet", but new evidence of moderate use of it with calorie restriction, shows that it may help those with elevated insulin levels, improve that.

His diet is restrictive and is called the slow carb diet. Basically it is NO white anything. Even limits dairy.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jaspar (02-06-2011)