Thread: Restless feet?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 01:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrose View Post
Tootsie, I have the same problem and it is a problem, I cannot keep my feet still. when I get in bed I rub them against one another until I press so hard it starts to hurt. I try to keep my feet as far apart as I can. I also hang my feet out from under the covers over the side of the bed. and I cannot seem to have the covers over them I feel the covers and they are to tight. I sometimes use a pillow at the bottom of the bed under the covers and that helps. What can a person do about this??
ladyrose
I have been having the same issue for about 5 years. I get up many times during the night because of shaking/twitching feet or hand. My left foot gives me the most problem. The shaking is accompanied with anxiety, as if my body is lacking something. When I am woken up, drinking about 8 to 16 ounces of water helps. If this does not help, then I take two potassium pills (99 mg each). This helps most of the time. It is strange though because my blood potassium level is within the correct range, however, the sodium is slightly below the range, or at the lowest value of the range. I wonder if there is a connection is one of these electrolytes? I also tried taking the magnesium supplements. It did not help with shaking but provide provide some relief with leg cramps.
RondRock3017 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote