View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

PWood,

A Neuro-psych assessment is done by a neuro-psychologist. It takes a minimum of an hour if it is a short assessment but most will be up to 5 to 8 hours. Your neuro can do a MMSE (Mini Mental State Exam) during an extended office visit.

Have your hormones been checked since your concussions? How about D3, folate and B-12?

Glad to hear your are on Bio HRT. Your balanced progesterone has helped limit your concussion severity. Low P leaves the brain susceptible to greater injury.

At least your daughter's comments are from a non-MD. There are plenty of M.D.'s who will say the same thing. If you get a neuro-psych assessment, you can show the report to your daughter.

It helped my wife better understand my condition. I had my first at one year post injury and a follow up by a different Neuro-psych Psy.D. with almost the same results. I figure my condition is stable. I live as if I will not improve.

The important thing is to understand that there are plenty of work-arounds and accommodations to minimize the limits to your daily life.

I was treated by an ortho-molecular psychiatrist almost 30 years ago. He taught me a lot of how to care for my injured brain.

BTW, That scripture is how I make it past my struggles and frustrations.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote