View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 11:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jessica,
I'm glad that you finally have a date set for your SSDI hearing. I understand how hard it is to wait for that day to come. I waited three years for my hearing. Funny thing is that I waited three years for my hearing and I was approved in about 20 minutes. My attorney told me that the decision on my case was the quickest one that he has ever had in his 25 years as a Disibility Attorney.

I tried working many years with MG but I also went from working full-time to part-time to working at home. I could not maintain continuity of employment in any capacity due to MG relapses and hospital stays. That was the main condition I met for approval of SSDI. The treatment plan I am under is another condition I met... Mestinon, Immunosuppresants, and IVIG infusions. It also helped that I have an excellent Neurologist who kept accurate and detailed records on my MG condition and treatment plan.

I was nervous about my hearing also but I put it all in God's hands and everything worked out for me. I would advise you to be honest and answer questions asked according to how you feel on your worst days. I didn't have to say much because they already had reviewed my case before my hearing and it was clearly documented. Hopefully it will be the same for you

Private message me if you want to. I am willing to answer any questions that you may have.

You are in my thoughts and prayers,
Shari
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote