View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

His slow carbs are beans... lentils and beans and other legumes.

He claims that lentils are easier to digest, and I am going to try that. Red beans really upset me! He has a "mashed" lentils with cauliflower" to subsitute for mashed potatoes.

I am doing steak and eggs omelets with some success for breakfast tho. That 30 gm of protein is difficult. I've also done salmon for breakfast. (trying to keep the new kitten off my plate! LOL )

He also states, that if you diet everyday, your thyroid hormones slow and stop converting to T3. Hence the "binge" once a week to prevent that. I guess he tested himself and showed that or has a study to back it up. I find this intriguing too... because of my low thyroid status.

Amazon is offering this huge hardcover book 1/2 off right now. It was only $13.98.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jaspar (02-07-2011)