View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 09:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking Pain meds, night terrors, slowed progression

I will have to try a "stronger" probiotic. I have a particularly "backed up inventory" because i have taken narcotics (nearly the same dose) for 6 years now for absolutely horrid pain. Since i burned out my stomach from taking NSAIDS for pain and had to be put on narcotics, which by the way, don't even touch the pain some days anymore, all i get are the side effects, and some relief. But one would think that after 14 years of PD, i would be almost in a wheelchair, that's what one of the counties supossedly best neuro's told me anyway. I'm very PD symptomatic, but no wheelchair yet, just two canes, to help from falling down, and on good days can still drive around to buy supplies, as i live on my own now. I'm glad i kicked the effexor, it was almost as bad as the PD. I think my pain is half PD from affected gait and the neck problems we all seem to have (especially compounded on my right side from a clavicle broken 3 times in one year), and half pre-PD work in factories, when i was young, worked like a horse and nearly broke my back. Another noticible thing, i'm not progressing nearly as fast as i thought i would be, maybe getting away from an intolerable home situation is doing me some good! I now believe that we can have this absolutely horrible disease for the rest of our natural born days, and still not be forced to suicide, and that IS the bad thing about PD!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a serious question for my fellow PWP. How many of you get "night terrors, and night sweats"? I think this may be the first signs of a Psychosis. They really scare the sweat out of me, now if they scared the schisse out of me, i'd say "bring em on". I hallucinate, and cry out at "people" who are in my bedroom who i don't know, but think tha tthey have come to kill me. I try desperately to move to stop "them", so much so that it brings me back to conciousness, and i realize that it was a "night terror". I hate going to sleep now for fear of the damn night terrors.
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Arsene (12-21-2014), Thelma (03-12-2013)