View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 04:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

well, i dunno if it would be considered addictive in my case. I have been on the stuff for 22 years now, but thats because without it i cant move. not because im addiccted to it.. because i have had pd for 22 years. what is strange to me is that i have had dyskenesias from the very first pill i took. i virtually hated the stuff, but preferred being mobile to being stiff. i dont think this is concidered "addiction".

when the med does begin to work, and my mind and body get that "rush", it is a rush of relief. the tenseness is disappearring, my thoughts are returning, I am relaxing. pd is a disease that robs us of dopamine. without dopamine... we dont function well, and as it progresses, we dont function at all.

I have been recently told by my neuro that while Im "on".. meaning that my meds are working.. Im at about a stage 3. ithe disease itself has entered stage 5. I think that at this point I would rather feel the stage 3 then the reality of stage 5. If this means im addicted to the stuff, so be it.
made it up (04-27-2008)