View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Honestly, have any docs done any ...

bloodwork on you? The kind that means taking 3-8 vials of blood for testing? Go ask the doctors for copies of the test results...IF you see asterisks[*] after any of the result numbers [nevermind what for?] Take that test and get an appointment with another neurologist or rheumatologist as soon as you can. Why? Something is definitely going on. Be it an 'animal' meaning viral or bacterial infection, it needs to be stopped asap. If it's an immune response issue, it too will show up in some blood work #'s and a rheumatologist mite just be the one to catch it.
Essentially, it could be something as simple as carpal tunnel? But it could also be something going on with your immune system.
Besides, MRI's and Cat Scans and X-rays do NOT show most nerve damages. Nerve damage is usually too small to see on such tests...
Take a look at this web site and see what neuros and other docs look for with your sort of problems: http://www.neuroexam.com/neuroexam/
Read the whole web site as it'll give you some insight as to where the doc is coming from and what he mite be looking for. Since there are HUNDREDS of neurological issues, this is just the INTRO. Don't let it fry your brain, just USE the info to help you sort things out.
I do hope you will read thru our various forums, and get an idea [read the 'stickies' at the top of each forum] that we all care and are dealing with very different neuro problems ....but do understand.
SOOO? Get another opinion or two, or three if you need to [you'll KNOW when you find the rite doc to help you!] and don't lose touch.
AND, DON'T GET SO SCARED that you are afraid to ask questions! No question is too silly seeming. I've asked some whoppers in my learning experiences for sure! 's!!!! - j
PS I find most neuro exams far less 'invasive' than say? A gyn exam?..get my drift?
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-16-2011), ginnie (02-08-2011), snookie12303 (02-07-2011)