View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 08:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy

Hi Silverlady

I think we have the same thing.
I am 29 year old male. I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism 14 months ago which resolved in two months w/o medications. a couple of months later I started having numbness and tingling in my shins, thighs and buttocks (both legs) and I have burning pain in my right shoulder and arm. in the past year, the numbness/tingling has evolved to a burning/freezing pain in same areas. I also have dry eyes (right eye worse), dry nostrils (right nostril worse) and dry throat. I also had body wide twitching for several months (started with left eyelid twitching a year ago that persisted for three months 24/7 and progressed to body wide twitches- now I have occasional twitches only).
All of my symptoms started after I had a middle ear infection. I used CiproDex ear drop for a month ( doctor had prescribed for 5 days only). At the beginning I thought I have had bad reaction to Cipro but now I think I have non-length dependent small fiber neuropathy secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome.
I am RF, ANA, SS-A, SS-B, ESR, CRP negative. Brain MRI normal. I have very brisk reflexes especially knee and ankle (symmetric) with 3 clonus. I had an evoked potential test done a few days ago (SEP) and the person who did the test told me my right leg was not normal.
Can I have all these because of Sjogren's and not have elevated ESR or any of the antibodies? I know 30% of Sjogren's patients are seronegative but I thought only mild and uncomplicated cases are seronegative?
My pain is a constant 6/10 and some days it becomes 8/10 aching buring freezing pain. I read your post and I felt you might be able to help me find some answers. I am going to ask the rheumatologist (who thinks it's all in my head) to do a lip biopsy. I will also ask my GP to test me for Lyme. Please help me. Thanks.
Saeedg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote