View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

That would be why I have the big package of AZO Yeast probiotic...and I have a stash of diflucan. (whoops, forgot to request some more of that from the doctor this afternoon...darnit!)

I just did some laundry. Yay me!

Actually, I put a very light collapsible basket of towels on our stair chair thingie and sent it upstairs. My dad dragged it into the laundry room. my first mistake was not calling the stair chair thingie back down to ride up. I crawled up the stairs instead. Got upstairs and had to sit for 5 minutes, and then went and threw 8 towels into the washing machine. (my back was giving out. machine probably would have taken everything in the basket) I got the machine started and then my body said "go sit down. NOW!". Asked my mom if she could do the rest of the towels for me. (she wasnt thrilled.)

My mom is annoying the heck out of me. She doesnt understand the implications of MS and that it's going to sometimes screw around with me. She's mad that I "wont" take her to breakfast on days that my dad isnt home. (uh...hi mom, have you not noticed that I'm practically crawling?!?)

It's like I'm in competition with her for who's having the most physical problems. My dad and I were talking about my visit to the doctor to get the macrobid today, and what they said, and my mom started moaning loudly (screaming at my dad) about how her feet hurt (she has a bunion) and she then started saying she wasted a clean pair of jeans today, getting dressed and not getting to go anywhere. (What?) That she has to wash her freshly-washed-over-the-weekend jeans again because they're dirty now. (again, What?!)

If she didnt go anywhere, and just sat at her computer today, playing solitaire, how did her jeans get dirty? (wait...I dont know if I want an answer to that)

Every time that I have a flare that keeps me from leaving the house, she has a hissy fit because she's either not getting to go out somewhere, or she turns into a drama queen complaining about a callous or a hangnail. (she'll get out an ace bandage to wrap around a finger with a hangnail, or threaten to cut off an appendage because something is annoying her. She's never done it tho)

I dont think she gets that my dad and I have serious medical conditions. (dad has a heart problem. He totally understands the Spoon Theory) I guess she has a serious mental problem.

Some of my mom's complaints about pain are real. She has spinal stenosis, so she's got the bad back, she's had two knee replacements, and she survived a 5 week coma back in 1957 after getting hit by a drunk driver, so I do believe she has legitimate complaints about pain. It's just weird that she starts having hissy fits about dry skin on her elbows and starts saying she wants to cut her arms off because of the dry skin whenever I or my dad have a medical problem.

Anyone here in competition with another family member trying to out-symptom you whenever you have a problem? (I have another relative like that, worse than my mom, that doesnt know I have MS, if she did know, she'd tell me I'm faking it. Just waiting for the chance to go off on her arrogant butt. There's years of irritation built up with that relative)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote