View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 AM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by menme View Post
Sorry It took me so long to repley, you may have recieved some of your backpay by now but after speaking with the right person at the ss office I finally understood what happens with paying the ssi back. Example... if you recieved 7,700 from ssd and 8,500 from ssi they will sent you according to this amount about 1,800 for ssd back pay and 2,022 for ssi back pay and the ssi comes first and about two days later I was not expecting it but the ssd came after you recieve these to checks if your approved for both the portion for paying back ssi has already been taken and that would be 7,700-1,800= 5,900 already paid to ssi thats all they will get and the rest of 8,500-2,022= 6,478 or some portion of this will be sent in six months if you don,t recieve all of it in six months then after six more months they have to send all thats left no matter what amount it is. I hope I did not confuse you with this it took me a while to understand it myself.
You have the same question posted three times, but anyway here is a law concerning ssi backpay.

The amounts of the installment payments may be increased in certain cases, such as those in which the individual has outstanding debt relating to food, clothing, or shelter, or has necessary medical needs. If you have a situation that you believe requires that your installment payment be increased, call 1-800-772-1213. People who are deaf or hard of hearing may call our toll-free TTY number, 1-800-325-0778, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Monday through Friday.

You may also contact your local office.

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answ...20my%20backpay
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote