View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 10:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default This is great info, thank you!!

I just stumbled upon this site and I'm so glad I did! This is great info, thanks so much to all for sharing!

I have had 2 infusions (and the JC test (neg) didn't know that put me in a long term study) and so far so good. I got wiped out (fatigue) for 2 days after the first one, 1 day after the second. I definitely have more pep and the first month felt like my walking was better (more leg strength) but now that's not the case, as I seem to overdo it everyday due to not being as fatigued (work ft and have a 4 yo, husb travels sometimes).

The infusion itself is easy and I find it MUCH more comfortable and easier than steroid infusions. (no bad taste and no drastic effects on my body, plus I swear it just "feels" like a smoother solution somehow). While I'm a fan of C over the others, I definitely like not having to inject every day (needle-phobe). Biogen sent me a fleece blanket and I was like "whatever" (charge less for the meds and lower your marketing budget!) but I do get soooo cold during the infusion and for the rest of that day, so I brought it to the second one and it did help me stay warmer. Keep in mind, tho, I'm in MN and we are having a very cold winter....that doesn't help!

I do have a question, and that is, I wonder if anyone else experiences, or knows someone who does, eczema or skin rashes from the med? I'm not talking about an allergic reaction (called my neuro and confirmed that). About day 3-5 after and for the next week to two weeks, I have terrible difficulty with skin rashes, like eczema, widespread on several parts of my body. I've had sensitive skin, but not experienced this before Ty. It gets worse with certain foods. It's the weirdest thing, like the immune suppression brought out a food sensitivity or something? I know the side-effects include yeast infections - I took that for the more familiar kind you think of when you hear that, not a more generalized GI-skin thing, but I'm wondering. Is it just me?
bstnlives is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grammie 2 3 (02-09-2011), Natalie8 (02-12-2011), Riverwild (02-08-2011), shayna (02-20-2011)