View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 11:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillF View Post
After being in apparent remission since Oct. 2007, I am returning form what appears be be just a vacation - a very nice one. I went into apparent remission when I was receiving very high doses of prednisone and receiving plasmapheresis at the same time. After getting pneumonia in September and again at the end of last year, I reflected on what could be behind this breathing challenge. My conclusion was aspiration pneumonia - as I can distinctly remembering choking days before I got sick. Ptosis has returned and well as overall fatigability. I took the smile test this morning and I watched, with interest, my hold on a smile fade.

This comes at a time when I just finished reading Chloe Atkins book My Imaginary Illness, which I recommend to everyone with MG. I don't feel up to dealing with everything again. I actually worked part-time the past year doing something I enjoyed. I want to continue but, things are in limbo. I don't know if I am still recovering from pneumonia or beginning to have respiratory distress from MG. I really don't feel like contacting the neuro (who is great) again.

The funny thing is I have had the "survivors remorse" reaction after I went into remission. I have seldom posted and was even reluctant to talk about the remission with my State MG organization where I am an officer. In retrospect, the remorse was unnecessary. I have enjoyed life without MG, meeting someone wonderful and marrying again after the death of first wife. I also found a calling (teaching environmental science) that would have suited me my entire working career. Has anyone else had as nice a vacation as I have?

Bill
I had an IVIG treatment last week to get me ready for the thymectomy i just got but I felt what you meant by a MG vacation. it made me feel better than i have since I got MG. but the remorse reaction was totally unnecessary i dont know anyone with MG who would ever be mad at you for getting better, that would be just plain evil. I really hope that youre not about to come back into having MG again. best thing i can say is stay positive man. good luck
brandonc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote