View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepman48 View Post
I got a call from my Doctor's office , told me that my Neurology doctor want's me mentally evaluated, and feels that my condition was brought on by mental state of depression, and feels that I need to be medicated immediately, . . . Do I get the jacket that ties from the back and a padded room to boot? Oah and by the way, I'm not depressed, Just insulted...
There are book like "Your Symptoms are Real" by Natelson... and that is about Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue, and "It's Not Mental" by Wolfson which is about migraines, halluciniations, many weird symptoms and even depression which still didn't make it "mental!" The doctors insisted the child sleeping so much had to be yet more depression, even though she didn't seem to be depressed.

Personally, I'd get a new doctor.

I'd look for one with skill in Integrative or Functional medicine. And I'd look for any other new doctor that I thought might help.

A co-worker spent a year in therapy and suffered a broken marriage for something "mental" until finally going to Mayo clinic. It wasn't "mental" at all.
Jaspar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote