View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 01:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'm having the surgery in 3 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrow View Post
Does anybody have experience with surgery for multi-level disc hernations in the cervical spine? What did you have done and how did it go? I have degenerative disc disease, disc bulging, disc-space narrowing, anterior/posterior osteophyte formation at all levels of the cervical spine. Symptoms are the usual tingling in face, back of neck, scalp, arms, hands and torso. Also possible tingling inside the mouth tied to irritation of the trigeminal nerve complex.

I have surgical consults coming up and would love any insights or guidance.

Dbrow
Hi there, I just had my final pre-op appt. with my neurosurgeon yesterday, my ACDF is scheduled in three weeks (Mar. 2nd). I have almost the same issues as you. I'm having C5, C6 & C7 fused, and it was up for discussion to whether he would fuse C4 also. But he is going to leave that one out for the time being.

I'm very anxious now to get it done, I'm so tired of the pain. My dr. was very reassuring and hopeful that it will solve my issues, although lifestyle changes are in order to avoid more surgery in the future. I will let you know how I do, but given the choice to live with the pain I'm in now, or the chance to gain my life back I choose the surgery. Good luck with your decision.

Take care, Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote