View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 07:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Even big cities can do this tho smaller can sure be a problem. I was diagnosed with Sjogrens in 06 and in late 08 I went to Mayo clinic for testing for myasthenia gravis and the neuro sent me a RHeumy consult. It was at 5pm. I was totally brain fried and was on mestinon which makes the Sjogrens WAY better. I didnt tell her half of what I was struggling with with the Sjogrens. They did knew blood tests and asked to see my biopsy slide from the university back home. They said no you dont have it mostly based on me not telling them all the miserable stuff and their blood test. So now the university who diagnosed me except for my pulmo doesnt include it anymore in my diagnosis! Sometimes no matter where you are being treated you have to get away from the old records. I saw a hemotologist who I had to tell I was on Paxil near 10 years ago and wow did her overreact to that. He without my permission called the shrink that prescibed it and it all ended up a giant mess. He had made his mind up just from how debilited I was and the paxil that it had to be the easy choice. He was very hard to talk to as he was very foreign so alot of what I tried to tell him got lost and I feel made it seem I was a weird/difficult patient. I had a reaction to IV iron which was the first strike against me as he wanted me to get 3 treatments of that and had no understanding how I could react to it.

I know that much could be done to make medicine better but for me my worst nightmare would be to universally have all medical records available to all doctors automatically.

Annie59
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote