View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 08:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lucky you!!!!

I love recipies - A friend and I have spent most of today discussing food, food shops, restaurants, seeds etc (the fact I have almost no taste buds and can barely swallow anything makes me more of a foody than when I can eat!!! have spent all day discussing what I want most in the world......... It's like having pregnancy cravings -without the pregnancy (unless I have miraculosly managed an immaculate conception!)...

Absoloute craving for asparagus with butter ...baked rainbow trout with potato, sweet potato, turnip and milk mash and steamed vegetables... and then something like treacle tart and custard or vegan chocolate cake...
(I know.. I'm vegan... so I can have almost none of that and would no doubt end up vomiting it all up if i tried to eat it - but no issue!)...

I can't cook (full body RSD) and have carers to do it all for me - so it can be abit weird trying to explain how you like things cooked without appearing a total control freak.. (I now try and let them go to the kitchen on their own otherwise i get so frustrated with the whole thing....I have one of my fave carers staying with me at the moment - but she only eats cow and white bread/ white pasta/ white rice and it drives me insane...!!!) ...

ok - not sure that thinking about food is a hobby.. OOOh I have also passed my mediating/ counselling course - I am now a trained up mediator/ listener/ counsellor.... (about to post about this in another thread..) but I suppose that is becoming abit of a hobby too...

it's great to see that even though the RSD has affected us alot we are still individuals with it!

FRxxxxxxxxxxxxx