View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 07:59 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Hi legal mania, I had to go back to my attorney to figure this out. When I ran out of money in 09, that made me approved for medicaid through DCF. They change this to SSID this Jan. OK, the problem is I was abiding by the rules of dissability. I was not allowed to work, or earn income above a certain amount, all monies to be reported. All change to be reported, and I was not allowed over $1,000.00 at any time in an account or in my possession. OK so when tax time came around I did not have $2,700.00. I was not allowed to have that much in the first place, and they lowered my food stamps because I had my son pay for my taxes. If nobody paid the taxes, I will loose my home in just three years. I lost my food because my son paid it. I am going nuts with this and I am sure in a short time dealing with this I will become a mental case too. Ha Ha Ha...I will be OK, BP has been lowered, and my doctor is on top of my situation, my case, and the situation my family has put me in. I am in good hands and I want to live, so no stroke or heart attack for me. I didn't loose 65lbs, just to drop...ginnie
65 lbs way to go. I was trying to do some research for you but my roommate is distracting me. I think I read you can have $1600 in your bank account. Did SS call your attorney? I'm going nuts also with the rules, it seems they contradict each other. I think the agency sits around drinking wine and making up rules. So I guess if you have the money for your taxes next year you'll have to keep it under your mattress. Glad to hear the BP is down. Take care we like you around.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote