View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 09:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The Summer before last I felt I was in somewhat of a remission as well. For the first time I thought I knew what it was like to feel somewhat "normal" at least for me, and it was GREAT! I got a job and worked a 40 hr work week, was becoming a foster parent to a lil baby boy so life was good. It had taken me at least 14 yrs to finally get off prednisone and I finally got to see my old face and body again. Although I was still getting IVIG treatments and taking mestinon (only when i felt like), and Imuran I had more energy and life in me I hoped it would never go away. Unfornately that lasted about a year. I began to get bronchitis everytime I caught a cold and it seemed to be often from co-workers and then the new baby so before I knew it I had to quit my job and I was back in the hospital with MG issues all over again and even worse than before, and has continued since. I am now back on Prednisone and taking my mestinon routinely as well as more imuran than I was before. I am now feeling better but its like starting from scratch and its a terrible feeling that you work so hard to get to better and just to feel and see the difference is amazing and then it just hits you again out of no where and having to deal with it all over again is overwhelming I know. I just try to take it day by day and hope that oneday I will be med free or at least feel great again as I hope for u as well.
Good Luck
-Tracey
MzTracey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote