View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 05:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi I have ATN also, I have had it since 2004. I just wanted to add to the "phantom smell" postings. When my flare ups are particularly bad I get the wonderful gift of smelling dirty cat litter! It's just awful! No matter where I am or what I'm doing it's constantly with me. It can last from a day to weeks. When it feels like it's went on forever I tend to get pretty agitated about it since it's not much fun trying to eat and that's what you smell. The first time I had my episode I thought for sure it was me or my clothes smelling that way. I couldn't understand why I smelled it since I always wear body spray. I went around work that first day making my co-workers smell me and swear they would tell me the truth if it was me! Needless to say they thought I was crazy! I have brought this up to several different drs. I have seen thru the years and they all have never once addressed it or explained it to me. Thank goodness for this board or I would never have known for sure it is connected. I've learned just to take it day by day as I do my ATN and know the really bad days will subside.
Robyn6447 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote