View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 06:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New TOS situation - angiogram Ct scan?

Hi all, have read a parts of the forum and am now completely confused about TOS!
About a week ago, I lost complete feeling in the middle finger in my right hand. The finger turned very pale, became blue under the nail and had dark marks down one side that looked like bruising, only wasnt hurtful to the touch, however the finger was extremely cold and lacked response.

Since then, was referred to a hand surgeon. Thought it was Reynaulds and sent me for an emergency angiogram CT scan. Had 2 of them on the same day followed by an ultrasound but there was so little blood flow they couldnt get a picture. Next day, went back for an upper body angiogram CT scan + Xray and my hand surgeon has now said they clearly see the I have TOS.
Off tomorrow to see a THoracic surgeon.

Been a bit blown away by the speed of it all. Blood thinners and anti coagualants have helped with the colour a bit but still feels as if my finger is in a bucket of ice.

Having read the threads, some people are in immense daily pain and my heart goes out to them.
My hand surgeon said I have probably had this for about 10 years, pain off and on,taken tablets, done regular physio to ease symptoms, however it has now progressed.
Does TOS stay static or does it increase over time, ie will it just get worse in years to come? Am only 39, have 2 kids under 6 and certainly need as much hand mobility as I can get.
Also, we have moved to Singapore and will be here for 3years (already have done 1.5)
Will be returning to Perth Australia and unfortunately dont think my insurance will cover when I return there as they will say I developed condition when not under their coverage. My current singapore insurance will pay for all costs, so if i do opt for surgery, the next 12 months would be the time.

I know I am probably a minor case - but no one seems to have mentioned previously that they were categorically diagnosed by an angiogram ct scan, bit worried that my hand surgeon made it sound so cut and dried. From reading elsewhere seems as if its quite hard to diagnose this condition.

Any advice please!
Thanks
184jones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote