View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 08:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath1 View Post
Hi there, I just had my final pre-op appt. with my neurosurgeon yesterday, my ACDF is scheduled in three weeks (Mar. 2nd). I have almost the same issues as you. I'm having C5, C6 & C7 fused, and it was up for discussion to whether he would fuse C4 also. But he is going to leave that one out for the time being.

I'm very anxious now to get it done, I'm so tired of the pain. My dr. was very reassuring and hopeful that it will solve my issues, although lifestyle changes are in order to avoid more surgery in the future. I will let you know how I do, but given the choice to live with the pain I'm in now, or the chance to gain my life back I choose the surgery. Good luck with your decision.

Take care, Cathie
Hi Cath,
Are they going in posterior or anterior for your surgery?
I understand the pain but not just that but the damage that is being done to spinal cord. I was so worried about that my Dr. woke my up after my last surgery telling me over and over your not paralyzed, you are good. Move this, move that, so needless to say this is what I remember most after the surgery. It is a very scary thing, these surgeries but being fused is nothing compared with being in a wheelchair.
Good Luck to you,
Saucer
Saucer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aussie99 (05-25-2012)