View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

My daughter received nitrous oxide when she was in high school. We had a 2 hour drive home and it was entertaining to say the least.

What concerns me is she didn't clear it.

First of all, she was laughing and behaving in such a 'funny' manner, the dentist made us leave thru the back door. She got into the car seat upside down. I thought she was kidding....she wasn't. The most bizzaire conversations and behavior continued for 2 hours all the way home, then when she came out of the 'funnies', she was not feeling well at all.

She has autonomic issues now, not as bad as mine, but she is of course, much younger. She has not been tested for PN.

I had general surgery where the sucinyl choline took and what ever they use to knock people out did not. Needless to say, I was aware. (This was the C-section for the above mentioned daughter). Awful experience....and this was before they knew of anesthesia awareness.

I had an ablation a decade ago (I regret it) and they did a general....I was not aware but when I awoke, they could not stabilize my vital signs, basically it looked like hypovolemic shock, but it wasn't. My BP and P would not go up, into the normal range, and after this experience, I have never been 'normal'. I told them I felt like I had a 'stroke' like episode, but it is dysautonomia, I guess. I am fearful if I ever need a surgery that requires a general, I will be up the creek.

I have the most local or regional anesthesia I can. I also have a 'NO EPI' on my chart.

Besides PN, and other than CMT are there any metabolic conditions, mitochondrial myopathy like things that cause this?

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote